Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beacon Rock

Esther decided that for her birthday this year she wanted the family to hike Beacon Rock. Not everyone could make it because of our busy lives but there was a handful of us that braved the weather. It was RAINY and WINDY. When we got there I really had no desire to hike to the top of the big rock with Sawyer's added weight to my front. Plus I was COLD. We all bundled up and started our trek. Brandon was pretty nervous with Colston's added weight too... hahaha. Would we MAKE IT?!
 Ready to start the hike! (As soon as we put Colston in the back pack he was SO excited!) "HIKE!" he say.
 Stuart, Mathew's friend, Mathew, Esther, Emma, Meri and Mom
 Mom, me, Sawyer and Angela
 I was already SUPER tired and wanting to give up... and this was the very beginning.
 His attempt at a smile for my mom. 
 Half way? Maybe.... or not. 
 Part of the gang... It really was more windy than it looks. Plus the sprinkle/rain. PS: I was SWEATING and no longer cold... at all. 
 ZONKED out despite the COLD weather and snored the whole time. 
 On the back side where there was less wind and rain...
 Almost to the top!
 SMILE!
 Stuart and Angela
 My boys at the top!!! Finally!
 Yes I made it! I was pretty proud of myself!
 Family picture at the top! (Haven't been her since Brandon purposed to me)
 Me and mom... you can tell how windy it is by mom's hair Ü
 I  made them take this picture and I love it. 
 Just another view of my little lady... 
 I LOVE THIS PICTURE the MOST
 Me and my girl
 Angela, Stuart and mom on the windy trail down.
 At the bottom I wanted to give C a chance to 'hike' on his own. He wanted to stay in the backpack...
 Then this was our attempt at a family picture... failed. 
 Still trying to get away... 
 Walking the rest of the way with dad...
 ... and me...
 ... and as a family Ü
 One last rainy picture with Grama before the ride home!
And then he passed out. It was a lot of fun and even though I REALLY didn't want to do it, I am glad that I did. We had a lot of fun and YES I am proud of myself. 
ALSO just to note: While Colston was naming everyone in these pictures, instead of saying Stuart he said, 'HA-HA'. And now that's how we refer to Stuart. If you know him (Stuart), he makes that sound A LOT. Apparently more than he thinks he does if that's what Colston calls him!

3 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous!!!! I am going to beg... beg Jeremy to do this in February

Connie said...

I can not stop smiling. My heart is so happy looking at these. That was such a fun adventure. I have no words. How I love my family and this beautiful part of the world. Great recall story Alex. Love it LOVE you.

Angela said...

It was a fun day even with the rain. I will let you know whenever we do anything again. I am sure Colston will want to!