Saturday, December 31, 2011

Creativity at it's finest

Every year we rotate names in our family for gifts because we have a billion people and it makes it easier. It also gives us all a chance to do something meaningful. Every year dad goes all out for whoever he has and so far has surprised everyone he's given a gift too. He is so creative and really puts a lot of love into what he gives. This year I was the lucky one. He picked up this amazing antique magazine holder and then spent MANY hours painting and designing it just for me. It's beautiful and I love it. One side still needs to be finished but we're thinking of something together to fill it. Now I need to make space for it in our house. I just wish I could put it in the middle of the room so everyone could see all sides of it.
 This is the front. 
 The inside.
 'I love you more than rocks' a famous dad quote. And 'Eat ice cream for breakfast' which we did a lot when I still lived at home.
 The top (everything is carved into the wood, I believe with a wood burner)
 The back... he went and had a piece of copper cut for the back 
One side and then the other is the one that still needs something. I think we'll add something to this side as well. I LOVE it. Thank you dad for being awesome and really putting a lot of love into my gift. I definitely plan to keep this forever. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

I am glad you liked it. He did put alot of love and work into it!