Friday, July 2, 2010

Our 2010 Beach Trip

These pictures are not in order... sorry. But that's besides the point. I will explain them all anyway so it doesn't matter much. For the second year, we camped at Ocean Park near Long Beach Washington. Our friends from work and there families all came as well as sister in laws, Brittney and Amber and their BF'S. It was SOOOO much fun and Little Colston did SO good. He spent the days sleeping in someone's arms, eating, or playing at the beach. He spent his nights tucked in tight next to mom and dad. We love him SO much.

This was Father's Day morning. The last day we spent before coming home. We all decided to go out for a Father's Day breakfast. Here is Colston trying to eat his burp rag... He's so dang cute.

Here he is all wide eyed for the camera

Family picture in front of the big frying pan

Buddy Man wanted to meet Jake the Alligator man and take a picture with him like we did last year. He wasn't even scared.

Brandon and C just hanging out at our camp

The only day it didn't rain is the day we headed down to the beach. It was perfect really. I mean more sun would have been a lot better but at least it wasn't windy or rainy!!! (Yes it was a little chilly but the pictures of C with no socks and hat on took like three seconds! I promise I'm not a bad mom)

Just a cute picture of Amber and James

Buddy Man getting kisses from Dad. And obviously just being cute

Brandon and one of his BESTS eating the ribs Jason made us

This picture was Father's Day morning before we went to breakfast. Brandon's first. And let me just tell you all. He is a GREAT father to our son. He loves him and always tells him. Sings to him. Laughs with him. Encourages him. Takes care of him. And I love him so much more for ALL of that. Plus he's just the best husband I could have ever asked for... probably better than that too!

This is our tent village. Our tent is the first on on the right. And to the left is our tarp fort to stay dry from the rain.

Some of my favorites. Britt, Amber, the Hubs and Buddy Man

Britt, Me and Amber

Just tell me... is this NOT the cutest! This smart kid was taking his bink out and trying to put it back in ALL by himself! (Little does he know... the bink will soon DISAPPEAR)

This is Colston just standing in the sand for the first time. Remember I did put his socks and hat on RIGHT after this!

So there you have it. It was a wonderful weekend full of good food, YUMMY smores, a lot of rain and SO much fun. I can't wait to continue all our adventures with our little family. I LOVE MY LIFE!

3 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

You crack me up. I love the pictures, especially C with his wide open mouth. Best of all I like your consistent reassurance that you are a good mom. Hey sisterface.

YOU ARE A GOOD MOM.

We know that even if you slip C-mans hat and socks off momentarily. Your just teaching him the law of sacrifice. Sometimes you need to remove clothing to get a cuter picture. Its just how it goes.

You guys are presh. I can't wait to have adventures with your little family when we are a big happy family =)

miss you.

zoggrig

Angela said...

Long beach is a fun place to go. Why is it that a big frying pan just makes you want to stand in front and take a picture? I cant tell you how many times we have done that very thing. I am glad he likes me because he is cherubic.

..telicia.. said...

Yay! Looks like you guys had a lot fun! And of course little Colston is a happy camper! :)