Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gross....

So I am grateful to have a job BUT... our housekeeping lady is gone the entire month. Since myself and another girl, (Amanda) are pregnant, they have given us the job to do HER job while she is gone. I was assigned the sweeper scrubber which is something you just sit on and drive around.
(To replace this machine... it's $65,000) SOOOO easy enough... well Amanda's baby has shifted and is putting A LOT of pressure on her back and hip. She can barely walk. I felt SOOOO bad so I kindly offered to trade with her. I hope that since I am being nice, when I get to that stage of pregnancy someone will be there to save me! My reward for my kindness, since Monday, I have now been pushing this:

All the while cleaning these:
and these:
(And believe you me, they are NOT this pretty... only after I clean them)

Not to mention the following: Tables, making coffee, sweep and mop floors, windows, offices, vacuuming, making coffee, re-stocking the lunch room, making coffee, dusting.... etc.

Let me just say, after working with the 100+ people for the last three years, cleaning up after them sucks. I can't believe how GROSS grown ups can be. I thought that children were the only ones who accidently peed on the seat... or couldn't tell the difference between toilet paper and the TOILET SEAT. And if you think I am kidding, I'm totally not. Let's just say I have been pratically been wiping these peoples butts. G-R-O-S-S. (I don't really enjoy cleaning my OWN toilets!)

The reason for this post is to vent my frustrations but also be grateful at the same time that I do indeed have a job. (It's not easy to clean up after grown up CHILDREN when you are pregnant.) I just am not loving it as of now. So next time you use the bathroom in a public place, or eat, or anything... think of the people that have to clean up after you. And use the toliet paper to wipe your bum!

5 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

I'm glad I was finished eating my breakfast before I read this... people are sicknasty. I don't understand why people think its okay to leave their mark in the bathroom.. noone wants to know you were there. I have to clean our bathroom at work every once in a blue moon and its sick how dirty the people are there... mind you.. I walked in the bathroom one day after one of the guys I work with had been in there, and he left a GIANT piece of poop in the toilet. I gagged, quickly flushed the toilet and left... suddenly I no longer had to pee...

Nice first post of 2010 by the way. I love you sisterface.

deofts

Angela said...

I agree!!!! I dont know what is going through some heads out there.
At least it is not a public bathroom.

..telicia.. said...

ugh.. i had to clean LOTS of toilets when i worked at safeway.. I cant even imagine doing in pregnant!!! (except for my own of course..) POOR YOU!!!!! You're one tough cookie working 40 hours and getting up so early! I hope you know that!! ..when i was pregnant with E and I did hair, I HAD TO make my first appt no earlier than 10. LOL Seriously.. It gets harder and harder getting out of bed. I can't imagine 3:50!

Bob and Tracie said...

I just have to say... that's so not fun!!! I just wouldn't be able to wake up that early, let alone wake up that early AND clean! Poor girl... all while being pg!!! It will probably feel like a break once Colston decides to enter this world! :) Keep smiling :)

Connie said...

I can not stop laughing. You are certainly Miss Humor girl for the month. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post and the pictures add to the story. You are very clever and use words well like your brother. Thank you for the entertainment and for being my little pregnant girl. loves to you. . . . . . .