Thursday, January 21, 2010

Being Pregnant this week....

Things you should NEVER say to a pregnant person no matter WHAT you may be thinking, feelings, or whatever. These are NOT uplifting things to hear. At least not to me.

1. How far a long are you? (pregnant lady answers) Wow and you are already that big? Looks like the baby's gonna be a big one!

-I don't need to know how big you think I am. I already know I'm getting bigger. It happens with pregnancy. Get over it. I have.... kinda.

2. Are you having twins? (No) Are you SURE?

-Pretty sure. Doctor said there is just one, and that's all we see in the pictures. Need proof? Dumby.

3. You think it's bad now? Just wait!

- I already know pregnancy doesn't get better towards the end. I can feel that coming on. AND I already know I will still be sleep deprived after the baby comes. This isn't news to me.

4. I'm SOOO tired. I could just go home and sleep.

-This is for people at work mostly. I know you are tired. We all get up at the crack of dawn... but try NEVER sleeping through the night, constantly being hungry and feeling as though your stomach is eating itself, and having a baby KICKING all night on your bladder that no matter HOW many times you empty it, IS ALWAYS FULL. Not to mention a husband to likes to twitch and move and make noises. (I LOVE HIM DONT GET ME WRONG)

5. My legs hurt so bad! (From what?) I don't even know!

- Also to people from work... I don't care if your legs/feet hurt. Not only do I KNOW cause I walk on the cement all day too... TRY HAVING YOUR HIPS ROTATING, GAINING WEIGHT, GETTING LEG CRAMPS RANDOMLY, and backaches ALL THE TIME... not to mention how lovely it is when baby Colston sits right on my tailbone it seems. It's a wonderful feeling. (not really)

SOOOOO I'm not trying to complain. I am grateful to have a job that allows me to pay for the things I need to and to have the benefits I do. I am grateful to be pregnant and carry this growing weed of a boy knowing he is HEALTHY as am I. I am grateful that I have not really been sick throughout this pregnancy and that I am able to do things. BUT... sometimes I just can't help but vent my frustrations. So forgive me if I sound as if I am whining or complaining... I mean I know the pioneers did this while crossing the plains and stuff in the snow with no shoes...

Heavenly Father knew I couldn't do that.... that's for SURE. For that I am ALSO GRATEFUL.

My weekend has officially begun.... GOOOOOODNIGHTTTTT! (I hope *wink wink*)

10 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Hahahh YES, what a gooood blog post. Maybe I shouldn't say this to the pregnant person but it made me laugh a little. I can just imagine you freaking out on some dumby who would say one of those things to you... and oh personally, laughed the most at number 4 with your comments about Brandon. I also love how you make sure everyone knows you are grateful that you can work and have a job... even though everyone knows you totally dislike that job...

Oh I love you. I am soooo happy you blogged :):):)

UNKSA.

..telicia.. said...

you know what i think.. people need to shut their traps! :) i think you're adorable and i LOVE your little Colston belly :)

..telicia.. said...

...'sleep now, cause when that baby comes you're never get to sleep'... that was always NOT my favorite.. LOL silly people ;)

Connie said...

WEll I just laughed and laughed and laughed at your little narrative. You are just so funny. I will not make those comments or ask those questions any more or make those comments. You would make a great pioneer and I know you could to that too. It is just wonderful that you don't have to right? I love you the mostest. . . . and more and muchomucho more. . . . .

Angela said...

Welcome to mother hood. Yes its true, your life will now be ever changing. It does not matter what other people say. Your not that big. Your just right. The sleepless night are not that bad. Dont worry, you will do fine.

Chelsee said...

Why IS it that peoples' judgement goes OUT the window when it comes to saying their opinion about a prego woman??? lol. Seriously though, people are lame, and are just jealous you are such a cute prego...prob bitter that they were as big as a house when prego and you aren't ;)

Kate Bishop said...

I love reading your blog! I was about 24 weeks pregnant when people started telling me, "You must be about to pop!" So rude!

Good luck!

Kate
http://mommyipooped.blogspot.com/

Samarth Hattangady said...

Hehe!
That's a humorous account on the problems of pregnancy, I will surely adhere to your advice!

Good post! Hope you have a good time! Remain positive!

..telicia.. said...

just checking to see if my new pictures looks retarded...

testing.. testing.. :) ha

..telicia.. said...

nope. it's a keeper :)

would you post something NEW already.. GOOODNESS! :)