Monday, January 23, 2012

Wisdom? Not anymore...

Tuesday January 17, 2012 was a day I have dreaded FOREVER. Although my wisdom teeth have been grown in for years... straight and all... the dentist said it was time for them to be pulled. I was PETRIFIED. I would MUCH rather have a baby than get my teeth pulled. I have never had teeth pulled but in my mind I was so nervous and scared. The surgery was set for Tuesday though. My mom drove me to the oral surgeon and stayed during the procedure. I was put out because I wouldn't have done it if not. I felt the needle go in my hand and nothing after that. I was then wheeled to my mom's car and we went to the pharmacy to get my pain medicine. I ended up taking a small amount and have healed almost all the way. I stayed the night at my parents house so my mom could help with the kids because B had to work. My medicine made me CRASH and I didn't want to be left alone with the kids. The first two nights stunk. (I went home the next night) But we did spend the days at my parents house. We even got some snow and C got to play in it. Thursday night B offered to get up with the kids because he doesn't work Friday's. To our surprise we woke up realizing we never got up in the night. All FOUR of us slept for NINE hours straight. It was amazing. My face never bruised and didn't get TOO swollen. Here are the pictures of our week adventure:

TUESDAY NIGHT:
(Didn't want to post this but for memory sake...here it is)
This was as swollen as I got... and I was still numb and had big wads of gauze in my mouth... GROSS.

SNOW:
Tuesday night
 Snowman with dad!
Wednesday: Snow day for Mathew 
Sledding fun!

And the little miss was held and loved by everyone! She is addicting.

2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

So, your eyes are SO amazing that I forgot about your swollen cheeks for the first 10 seconds I saw that picture. Good distraction technique..

Second, photo of Jeremy. Maaaybe not his best but I still love him anyway. I am grateful he has hair even if it is major bedhead.

Angela said...

I love these pictures! What good memories of every day life. (Except getting teeth pulled, he he)