Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Today was a good day

Today I stayed home. I have been going out to my parents house usually if Brandon is gone since I'm not sure when Sawyer will decide to come, but today we stayed home. My sister in law Brittney came over to do her Thanksgiving baking. She is always the one who makes the pumpkin pies. We hung out and relaxed while she slaved away in the kitchen. Just for memory sake, I must add that she made A LOT of messes. Flour and sugar on the floor, the counter, and ALL down the front of her. Pumpkin pie all over the oven. And not once but TWICE, having to clean out my refrigerator due to her raspberry jello dessert spilling over. Though she still needs to touch it up, she had to go to work. Poor girl... ha. I also baked my first pumpkin cheesecake. I think it looks just as delicious as it smells and can't wait to try it tomorrow. I am not sure where all this 'domestic-ness' is coming from but it's been pretty fun. (Pregnancy maybe?) 

ALSO today as I was tackling my cheesecake, my dear friend Kirsten stopped by with flowers. It's been quite awhile since I have seen her so it was such a nice surprise. We just sat and talked and caught up on life. She's amazing! 

Now I am sitting in the living room with my loves just relaxing as a family glad to know that B doesn't have to work tomorrow. Overall... I am happy with today even if Sawyer decides not to come. Cause I'm pretty sure... she isn't. HA!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sometimes its nice to stay home. Your pie was super de duper! I also like how I can see your belly in the picture! He He