Saturday, October 22, 2011

UTAH BOUND... JULY 2011

Last week in July 2011: UTAH

Last year we traveled to Utah to visit Grandma and Grandpa Meyer the last week of July, and to pick up the Sheldon girls from BYU-I and bring them home. We decided to again make the journey this year since it  would be the last time before Brianna got married. Brandon and I took the week off and had planned on going together but his sister Amber was due to have her baby July 27th and we didn't want to risk him missing it if Baby Miles decided to come early. So off Colston and I went with the Sheldon family, Lilly, and mom. It was a fun trip, BUT it was HOT, I was cranky pregnant woman, and I REALLY missed my Husband. Not to mention I ended up chopping off my hair AND Colston had TWO molars break through... MISERABLE night that was. 

 At one of our favorite rest stops on the way eating lunch. It was a nice break and we even had good weather!

 Stuart and Colston looking at the view.

 Colston had fun feeding the girls their chips. He is a very good sharer.

 Cheeseballs...

 Meals at the G-parents is always fun... nothing special yet... VERY special to all of us.

 We busted out some of Esther's string and spent a day making friendship bracelets. Esther made one for Colston that he STILL is wearing to this day. (In October)

 WATERMELON!

 Colston LOVED to go to the canal out back where the railroad tracks (and bridge) are. He loved throwing rocks into the water! Imagine that...

 Phil and Mavis stopped by to say hello and Lynn and Sergio were there the whole time we were. It was fun getting to spend time with them.

 65 years... LOVE

 Stuart and Colston... he really liked to follow him around.

 Mom and I hanging out trying to stay cool... at least I was.

 Stroller races?

Grandpa had a few large piles of wood that needed to be stacked outside but he didn't have anyone to help. We pitched in... well not so much me... and got the job done. I took pictures and drove Colston around on the lawn mower.
 Angela's muscles...
 (Even Colston helped)
 And Grandma... she couldn't just watch. Love that lady!

 Of course there was fun on the rope swing!

 "Hey Stuart.... Hi."

 We ate A LOT of popsicles... and I mean A LOT.

 Took a small trip to Brigham... and saw the new temple being built.

 Went to the park....

 Ate REALLY yummy icecream cones...

 Went to the Golden Spike where the east tracks met the west...

Traveled FAR too FAR and FAR to LONG to see the great SPIRAL GETTY. Can you see it? BARELY. WHY? Because it's UNDER water now. I won't get into how bad my attitude about this day was because... well let's just say it was bad. And this was a BIG disappointment. BUT we all got to see the Great Salt Lake and the kids even decided to be brave and 'swim' in it just to say they had.
 They thought it was so cool how they would just float, but then realized all their little cuts and scraps were starting to hurt from all the salt. You can see the salt crystals on Mathew.

 We washed cars...
(And sidewalks)

 We went swimming... everyday. And Colston LOVED it. He loved to try to swim by himself. Hated anything that helped him float until I got that doughnut floaty. This kid will learn to swim easily.

 Got shaved ice at the Shaved Ice Shack... or whatever it's called. Colston of course loved getting bites from everyone.

 Spent more time taking walks to the bridge and throwing rocks into the canal.

Learned how to eat cream of wheat... kind of by ourselves... 

And I took the opportunity to take some 'nice' pictures of my little man. We had fun driving around with Esther helping us get some good shots. I love his face. I love his hands. His feet... I just love him. This kid is the greatest. Enjoy the pictures!

It really was a fun trip... but BOY was I SUPER ready to be home. And by home... I meant back to Brandon.

(Randoms from my phone)




2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

The pictures you took of Colston in the white shirt are to diiiiie for. So cute. I'm bummed I couldn't be in Utah with you guys this summer but I loved going in the fall. If I had more time, I was going to stop by and take the girls to the canal. Thats one of my favorite places and your grandparents are soem of my favorite people. I'm sure if Grandma saw my hair she'd tell me how bad my hair straightener is again. Man, she is a great woman. All the women in your family are. I love you all.

Angela said...

What a fun trip that was. It seems like a long time ago when its only been a few months. I am glad you and colston went. The pictures are so nice to look back and remember. I hope all can go again this next year. The sad thing, but good, is that we wont be picking up Brianna. Colston will be better in the pool!