Sunday, July 11, 2010

THE BEST DATE EVER

Last night Brandon went on a childless date to celebrate our one year anniversary. We went to see Eclipse because B had yet to see it. (He liked it better than the first two and is on team Jacob cause he likes the wolves) hahaha... anyway, after our movie we drove just down the street from our home to a place called Galeotti's. For any of you who watch One Tree Hill, MY FAVORITE SHOW, should know that this is Bethany Joy Galeotti's restaurant. (known on the show as the one and only Haley James Scott) That alone was exciting to me.
Brandon ordered the stuffed chicken breast:And I ordered the Halibut breaded with parmasean cheese:
Both were AMAZINGLY delicious. So as we are waiting for our food to come, Brandon says, "Jen there is Haley." I respond without even looking, "Yeah right, whatever." (He likes to joke with me and since he knows she is my favorite and how much I love the show I figured he was again joking) Someone walks passed me and then turns her head to the side. SURE ENOUGH THERE BEFORE ME WAS HALEY JAMES SCOTT. I just about DIED. My face turned BRIGHT red and my eyes got a little teary! I know it's lame but I couldn't even HELP my reaction. Brandon told me I was embarrassing him but I didn't care. We soon realized that we were in the corner of what seemed to be a large family gathering of her family and some friends. It was kind of awkward and I didn't want to even look at her. I SO badly wanted a picture to document this moment in history, but I am not one to pry. After we ate, I couldn't help it any longer. I casually told our waitress about my love for One Tree Hill (not telling her it is more of an obsession) and if Bethany would mind me asking for a picture. She laughed and told me how cute that was and that she would ask her. I then asked if she could just maybe wait til some of her family left so I didn't look like a HUGE idiot! A few minutes later I glance and see the waitress talking to her... about me. Ha. Talk about feeling lame. The waitress made her way to us and let us know that she would be happy to as soon as she finished eating. Brandon and I took that as a resounding no. Oh well I tried. We got dessert and as I was about to take a bite, THERE SHE WAS. "Hi!" she said. "OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. SAY SOMETHING YOU DUMBY!" was what went through my head. We went on to have like a seven minute conversation about our food, the little town of Battle Ground, and OTH. I told her I loved her show. She told me my baby was cute. We met her husband who is from here. And took a picture. She was SUPER SUPER nice and it made me love her even more. It's awesome to see such talented people acting so NORMAL. And she goes by Joy by the way.... ha... it was so amazingly awesome and it made our anniverary dinner that much better! I will NEVER ever forget that night!Ps... she's whiter than me. Ü

3 comments:

Karen Bing said...

ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! that is so cool, I'm extremely jealous that you met Haley... i would have had to do the same thing if I was in your place... Laura better work in a trip to that restaurant as part of the wedding plans because i want to go!! so cool, what a great anniversary surprise!!!

..telicia.. said...

this is so cool! i'm so glad you two were able to get out and have a date alone. it's hard doing sometimes and sometimes it never gets easier but i can tell you two had so much fun! i'm glad b liked eclipse.. i still need to read that stinkin book! i'll probably have it read by the time you own it. so lets plan an eclipse party. LOL :) i can't believe you met Hailey! she looks so tiny and when i got your text i totally thought she looked fake. LOL like a cardboard cut out. LOL hahahaha does she go to her restaurant often?? i didn't know if was such a fancy place. your food looks YUMMY. :)

Laura Dunford said...

I'm still jealous... she better be there next time I go...