Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A slice of Heaven...

Brandon is back to work as of Monday this week. It's lame and I wish we never ever had to work again. That we could just stay home, be in love, and play with our perfect baby. BUT sadly... that's not the world we live in.

ANYWAY... because he is back to work, I am on my own in the night now. (not so much the days because we always have visitors) :o) It's not a big deal but I am a little more tired than before. Colston is doing so well and most of the time he sleeps anywhere from 3 to 5 hours straight. So I can't complain. (AND he is now 6lbs. 8oz. That's 12oz in six days!!!)

BUT the real reason I am blogging today is this:

Last night during my middle of the night adventures of being MOM, I gently placed my sweet baby in his little bed. I crawled into MY bed next to my WARM husband and my heart was SO full of love. To my right I could hear my little man breathing and making his cute baby noises in his sleep. To my left, I could hear the deep steady breathing of my wonderful husband who was sleeping so soundly. My heart physically HURT because of how much I love my family.

I am the most BLESSED girl I can think of. I love being a mom and a wife. I pray that I fulfill those duties the best that I can! I am SOOOO grateful to my Heavenly Father for all that I have and delicious moments like this. I know my life has been full of them and will be from here on out, but I am grateful I am more MINDFUL and IN TUNE to noticing.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Welcome to motherhood, and wifelyhood! There isn't anything better that I have ever come across. Not even a sinfully yummy oh so wonderful cup of hot chocolate!!!

Chelsee said...

What a sweet post...a great reminder to all of us mommies how blessed we are :)

..telicia.. said...

you and your two boys are so dang precious.. i wish stephen was as cute as b when he sleeps.. lol he just snores! ;o) gotta love him though. you're makin me so excited for my little tiny friend! you're such a great mommy and wonderful wife. :)