Sunday, January 27, 2008

BABY ZACH

Hello everyone... not much to update you all on really. Other than I am kinda nervous to drive to work tomorrow if it is supposed to be icy. But I guess we will see.

I'm still working at Dollar Tree. HA... imagine that. This is the longest job I have ever held so in a way I am proud of myself. But in another way I want to do something I love. To be REAL honest, I wanna get married and have babies. But those of you who are close to me already knew that.

Speaking of babies I got to spend the night and all day today with my baby nephew Zach. I know I have lot of nieces and nephews and it may lead you to ask why was seeing Zach so different from my normal family routines? WELL... let me tell you.

You see I have a brother who has had a VERY hard life. Not due to anyone but himself and the choices he made. He has problems with drugs and alcohol but is doing SOOOO good and getting his life back together. We have all seen such positive changes recently. Maybe due to the whole topic of this story and that's his son Zach. Zach was born addicted to drugs. When he was born he was only four pounds and slowly lost weight. Because he was no longer getting any drugs in his system he experienced withdrawls which resulted in him having to be on a morphin drip to help with the pain.... Honestly I didn't really know what to expect. Whether he would live or not... be completely healthy or not. He had trouble eating and had to have a feeding tube and all. It was really sad. As for his mom, I have nothing nice to say so I won't say anything at all.

I keep trying to look at the positive side of this whole thing. I only saw Zach one time in the hospital cause my family wasn't allowed. Thing is, the last couple of days Jessie has let Jacob take him and I have been SOAKING it up! I took some pictures so here they are. He is a healthy baby and I can't wait to spend more precious moments with his sweet spirit!


I'm completely addicted to him and his cute little personality! Oh and he is ALMOST five months!

3 comments:

Janice said...

cute pictures! Someday, jennifer, someday. Be patient and you'll be blessed:) In the meantime, enjoy being an incredible Aunt.

Mama Janice

A little Birdie... said...

Oh Jen he is SO SO cute! And those eyes! What a beautiful boy! He looks a lot like Jacob I think. You are the best and I'm excited to someday see you as a wonderful mother because there is nothing better! Love you

..telicia.. said...

holy cow! look how young the mr. man looks in this picture of him at his car seat!!! jeeze!