Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Labor and Delivery

While I have a few spare moments I will post the story of Colston's beginning. So here goes...

April 6, 2010: At around 11:00pm, I woke from sleeping to a bad pain in my stomach. At first I had the thought that I was again having those sneaky fake contractions known as Braxton Hicks. I got up and went to the bathroom and tried to get back to sleep because I had to work the next day and I need sleep. Little did I know, the rest of the night was full of the same awful pain every ten to fifteen minutes. I still thought nothing of it but got ABSOLUTELY no sleep. I focused on breathing deep whenever the pain would roll around cause that's what you always hear. Don't hold your breath... keep breathing deep and slow. HA... Easier said then done!

Soon enough our alarms were ringing, announcing it was time for yet another day of work. I got up and took a HOT shower hoping it would help the pain a little bit. I confessed to Brandon that I had gotten no sleep cause I was experiencing something unlike I had before. I told him I didn't think I could go to work and that I was going to stay home to try and get some sleep. He said to call him if I needed him to come home.

Morning kept on progressing as did my pain. They were not yet CONSISTENT contractions so I still thought nothing of it. My mom came over to help me out around the house a little and I called the Dr. She said it sounded like labor to her and to get in to get checked out. I let Brandon know and he was home in no time. (nervous and anxious) By the time he got home, (around 10 am) my contractions were about 10-7 minutes apart and the pain had moved to my back. Pain like I have NEVER felt. I told them that I wanted to go to the store cause if I was having our little man I wanted him to have a cute hat and we still didn't have one. Off to the store we went with our bags just in case this was the real deal.

Right after a bad contraction... mom wanted one last picture if this was it.

We strolled around Fred Meyers while having to stop every so often so I could hunch over the cart and try to breath. It was then decided we better get to the hospital. As I walked in trying to contain myself, I burst into tears and told them that I had to go to the bathroom. Afterward I was forced to sign a bunch of papers and answer a BILLION questions while trying not to completely lose myself. They checked me and I was dilated to a 4. They said I would be admitted and asked if I wanted the epidural. I swiftly replied, "Yes please." By then it was 11am.

After yet another BAD contraction about to be admitted... ha

The time was really here. Our little man would join us in this world within hours. We were scared, nervous, excited, and anxious. This was the real deal.

By 2:30 I got my epidural (sent from Heaven) and shortly after was dialated to a 6. They then broke my water and by 6pm I was at a 10. They decided I could start pushing at 6:15 pm. I pushed and pushed and at 6:28pm our little piece of Heaven was born. It coudn't have gone ANY better. He was perfect in everyway. He was just a little guy though, weighing in at 5lbs 8oz and was only 17 inches long... or short! Ha!

Right before the pushing began... soon we would meet our Colston Michael

Wide eyed and perfect

First meeting...

Dad and son

We instantly fell in love and could not believe this little miracle was OURS. And HERE. Family was back in the room by 6:35pm and we were all enjoying this sweet little spirit. I can't believe how much I love Little Colston and his dad, Brandon. One week has passed and it's been so surreal. I love my life so much. I am SO blessed to have a wonderful amazing husband who is the greatest father I could have ever asked for my children. We are in awe at Colston's PERFECT little EVERYTHING. We couldn't have gotten any luckier with such a wonderful baby. Heavenly Father sure blessed us and we couldn't be more thankful for EVERY second and EVERY blessing.

Our little family... more complete than before!!!!

PS He was and IS, HEALTHY and such a ACTIVE little guy. Hardly ever cries too :o)

6 comments:

Alisha said...

I am so happy you finally have your little man in your arms and that everything went so well! Congrats you guys! He is so precious!

Laura Dunford said...

haha good update sisterface. muchly appreciated and i cannot waaait to meet him. i didnt realize you went to the store to get a hat.. your such a weirdo sometimes but whatever... you gotta do what makes you happy aha.. ummm, i also enjoy that his first picture is with his tongue out saying "help, get me away from these crazy doctors" and that you put that adorable feet picture as your headign picture... perfect!!

SKUGERN. your soon to be real life hang out friend sister love thing.

Bob and Tracie said...

How SWEET! I am so happy that everything went well or you guys and you are enjoying every second! :) What a sweet little blessing...

..telicia.. said...

Yay! What a great post! I'm so glad you had a WONDERFUL experience! Stressed for nothin huh! :) Sounds like it couldn't have gone more perfect for ya. SOooo glad! Your little Colston is beyond adorable and so lovable! You and B are such great parents, Cman is definitely just as lucky. :)

Angela said...

your new pictures are lovely. especially your header! it looks like a picture you would see in someones photography blog. you do have the creative eye.
he is oh so cuddly !!!
its good that you are writing things down, because you forget as time goes by. its fun to look back and remember.

Jackie O'Hearon said...

What a beautiful story and such an adorable little man!!! Love the family photo....all the best!!!